Our Mission is to entertain, educate, engage, and enrich
the community through theatrical programming.
*GCT is HIRING! For our career opportunities, click HERE!*
Germantown Community Theatre, a 501(c)(3) organization, was founded in 1972, first performing in the Germantown Community Center before moving to the old chapel of the Presbyterian Church (formerly St. George’s Church) in 1973. In 1981, a group of dedicated volunteers rehabilitated the quaint turn-of-the century schoolhouse at 3037 Forest Hill-Irene Road into the theatre that can be found there today – increasing its audience capacity by 50%. In 1990, the 112-seat theatre was refurbished and a rehearsal hall was added to the property – easing the growing pains of the theatre.
In addition to our main season, we host educational and outreach programs for children and teens, encouraging the continued development of creativity and imagination. Your support is key to our success. Together, we can build the next generation of theatre artists.
Ticket Policies and General GCT Rules:
Germantown Community Theatre sells tickets online and
via the central box office telephone at 901-453-7447.
Members wishing to use their membership tickets may do so by calling the central box office at 901-453-7447; membership tickets cannot be claimed or purchased online.
GCT is unable to honor any ticket requests submitted via email or any other method outside of the online sales portal or through the box office telephone.
- The GCT box office is open Monday thru Friday from 10 am – 4pm and 2 hours before curtain on show days.
- You can contact the box office at 901.453.7447 or in person at 3037 Forest Hill Irene Road, Germantown, TN 38138.
- The Box Office is not open on select legal holidays.
- Tickets may also be purchased online by visiting www.gctcomeplay.org.
- GCT accepts all major credit cards including Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- Tickets must be paid for upon purchase. GCT does not hold tickets without payment.
- Tickets are non-refundable. If you are unable to use a purchased ticket, please return it to the GCT box office at least 24 hours before the performance. You will receive a tax donation letter for your efforts in the value of the ticket or a certificate good for another performance.
- Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more. Reservations are required; please contact The GCT box office for more information.
- Musicals: Adults $27, Seniors/Students $17, Children 12 and under $12
- Non-musicals: Adults $23, Seniors/Students $17, Children 12 and under $12
- Special Events: Prices vary. Please check our website or contact the GCT box office for details.
Change in Programming:
Programs, dates and artists are subject to change without notice. If an event at GCT has been cancelled or postponed, any changes will be communicated via telephone-if time permits- on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Children at Performances:
Due to fire codes, everyone (including infants) must have a ticket for a designated purchased seat. There are no exceptions. Children should be able to sit in a seat quietly throughout the performance. Unless a performance is clearly geared to children, GCT recommends against bringing babies and young children (under three) to performances. Parents are advised to use their discretion when purchasing tickets for children.
Free Parking is available on the GCT grounds, behind the Bonnie Robinson Rehearsal Hall building and across the street in the shopping center parking lot.
GCT prohibits outside alcohol, food or drink in the building unless prior permission is granted.
The use of cameras and recording devices is prohibited.
The use of tobacco products is not permitted in the building.
Latecomers will be seated at an appropriate time in the performance at the discretion of the house manager on duty.
Prior to performances and during intermission, GCT sell sodas and snacks. Please note: No food or drink is permitted inside the theatre.
There is no specific dress code. While most people “dress up” for evening performances, a number of patrons dress casually whenever they come to GCT. For weeknights and matinee performances, people tend to dress more casually.
Restrooms are located off the lobby.
Seating Capacity is 112.
For lost and found requests, please call GCT at 901-937-3023 and leave your name, telephone number, a detailed message about the item you lost and what performance you attended. If the item is found, we will get back with you as soon as possible.
American Disabilities Act Policies:
GCT offers accessible seating in the facility in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Accessible seating including companion seats are available on the front row only. Accessible seating may be purchased by phone, or in person on a first-come, first-served basis. Please know that in order to purchase a companion seat, a wheelchair accessible seat must be selected within the same transaction. Accessible and companion seats will be sold to the general public in the event that all other non accessible seats are sold. Patrons must inform the box office of any special needs at the time of ticket purchase.
GCT has accessible parking spots and bathrooms for patrons with disabilities. Accessible parking spots are located on the south side of the building and are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Ramps are available directly in front of building.
Animals are not permitted in GCT. Exceptions include guide, sign and signal dogs to aid patrons with disabilities.
Listening aid devices are not available at GCT.
3037 Forest Hill-Irene Rd | Germantown, TN
901.453.7447 | gctcomeplay.org